Instructions to prepare steak
- Let the steak rest at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking it
- After an hour, oil the steak with ½ tsp of oil, and season with salt and pepper. Let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C
- While the steak is resting, cut up the onions, celery, green onion, green chili, tomato and cilantro and place them into a baking tray
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables
- In a saucepan (really hot), heat up ghee to sear your steak (about 1 minute each side) for colour
- Place your steak on top of the vegetables in the baking tray
- Cover the tray with aluminium foil, bake for 40 minutes
- After 40 minutes, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature
- Remove the aluminium foil, and bake again for about 20 minutes or up to your preferred doneness
- Remember that your steak will continue to cook after removing it from the oven
- Let your steak rest for about 10 minutes before cutting it and serving
- Set aside the vegetables to make into au jus (sauce)
Instructions to prepare cauliflower mash
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C
- Cut the cauliflower into florets
- Put it onto a baking tray, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 20 minutes (not too brown)
- Move it into a medium mixing bowl after baking for 20 minutes
- Add butter, cream, cream cheese, and nutmeg. Mash it all up using a hand blender
- Add chives and mix using a spatula (optional)
Instructions to prepare the steak sauce
- After the steak is done, leave the vegetables in the pan
- Add 250ml of beef broth, then put it back in the oven for about 5 minutes (until it boils)
- Use a hand masher, mash the vegetables thoroughly
- Strain all the juice out of the vegetables and into a saucepan
- Over a low flame, stir in cream, swerve, salt, pepper and sesame oil
- Add xanthan gum if you want your sauce to be thicker (optional)
- Keep stirring while it simmers, until the sauce thickens to your liking.
Garnish and serve!
Scoop or pipe cauliflower mash onto plate. Then lay the slices of steak beside the mash and pour steak sauce over. Enjoy!