Instructions (Part 1: Marinade)
- Mix all the ingredients together to create a marinade.
- Ensure that the lamb has been trimmed and frenched
- Marinate the lamb and let it sit in the chiller for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Take the lamb out of the chiller about 30 minutes before cooking it.
Instructions (Part 2: Curry)
- Heat up oil in your pan or clay pot.
- Add in half the curry leaves, cardamom, and cinnamon, and sauté for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add onions, chilli, and salt. Sauté until they are caramelized and turn golden brown, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and simmer over a small flame for about 10 minutes, until it turns into a paste and gets oily on the sides.
- Now on high heat, add in the lamb with the marinade and sauté with the curry paste.
- Add the water and bring it to a boil and let it boil for about 2 minutes, then close the lid and lower the flame and let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Check it once in a while to make sure it doesn’t get dry, add water if necessary.
- Once it’s done, add the remainder of the curry leaves and garam masala and stir through. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
Best enjoyed with Turmeric Cauliflower Rice or some warm Coconut Naan.