Instructions (Part 1)
- Begin by washing the Charoli seeds and removing the dust.
- In a large pot (or pressure cooker), add all the ingredients listed under INGREDIENTS PART 1.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 45-60 minutes until the beans are tender. (If you are using a pressure cooker, cook for 15 minutes.)
- Once the beans are tender, do not drain the liquid as it is required for the next part.
Instructions (Part 2)
- Heat up a saucepan with ghee. While the pan starts getting hot, add the cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add the chopped onions with a pinch of salt. Saute them until they become caramelized and fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and the rest of the dry ingredients except for garam masala.
- Cook this until it turns into a paste and you can see the oil sizzling on the side.
- Add in the mixture from PART 1.
- Finally, add the curd or yoghurt, and cream.
- Let it simmer until the mixture has thickened to your desired texture then add the garam masala.
- Make sure you taste your food and add more salt if necessary!
Best served with Coconut Naan or any other keto-friendly flatbreads. We enjoy having our leftovers as a dip with our ketobuns!