Turmeric Cauliflower Rice
This version of cauliflower rice is a great replacement for yellow basmati rice and it's best enjoyed with Indian curries. - by Janti Brasali
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 sticks (5cm) Cinnamon
- 7 pods Cardamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Red Dried Chili
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 150g Cashew Nuts
- Bake the cashew nuts at 120ºC for 20 minutes.
- Roughly grate the cauliflower.
- In a large saucepan, heat up ghee, shallots, and cumin seeds until golden yellow.
- Add cardamom, turmeric, red chilli, and cinnamon until they are fragrant.
- Add the grated cauliflower, on high heat and mix it very well. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until your preferred doneness, but make sure not to overcook since cauliflower gets mushy fast.
- Mix in half of the cashew nuts, and use the other half for garnish.