This dish contains a medley of mushrooms and is a super healthy vegetarian and keto-friendly recipe that creatively uses cabbage as the outer skin of the dumplings. This dish can be served two ways, simply with just chilli oil and soy sauce, or with the mushroom soup from the next recipe.
- 1 head Cabbage (Large)
- 200g Hard Tofu
- 30g Ear Fungus (Diced)
- 250g Mixed Mushrooms (Diced)
- Dry Shiitake
- Fresh Shiitake
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1/4 Carrot (Diced)
- 2 tbsp Ginger (Diced)
- 1 bunch Spring Onions (Diced)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Erythritol
- To Serve Cilantro, Chili Oil, and Soy Sauce
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil, then place the cabbage in the pot. Close the lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, then take out the cabbage and drain it. The cabbage will be used as the dumpling skin.
- Prepare the assorted mushrooms by removing the stems and dicing them into small cubes. Set aside the mushroom stems to make the stock in the following recipe (Hot and Sour Soup).
- In a hot pan with a touch of oil, sauté the onions with salt. Add in all the other ingredients except for the cabbage and tofu and continue to sauté until cooked. Set aside and let it cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use a fork to break the tofu into small pieces, then add the mushroom and onion mixture into the tofu and mix together for the filling of the dumplings.
- Taste the mixture and add some salt or soy sauce if necessary.
- Take the cabbage layer by layer, cut the layers to the desired size required to use as a wrap for the mushroom filling, and make the dumplings. Use a toothpick to hold the cabbage wrap in place.
- To serve, place the dumplings on a plate and drizzle them with cilantro, chilli oil, and soy sauce. Alternatively, these dumplings can be served with delicious Hot & Sour Soup.