Lion's Head Meatballs
This aromatic dish is a unique keto take on meatballs in a delicious warm broth. Try it out this Chinese New Year to impress your guests!
- 400g Minced Beef
- 150g Minced Pork
- 2 tbsp Ginger (Finely Chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (Finely Grated)
- 1/4 cup Coriander (stem finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 2 tbsp Beef Stock
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Swerve
- 1 tsp Tapioca Starch
- 1 Lime (Zested)
- 1 Water Chestnut or Daikon (Cubed Small)
- To Serve Coriander Leaves and Scallions
- Place the meats and all the ingredients together in a bowl, and mix vigorously. Knead it while occasionally slamming it against the bowl (like kneading dough).
- Take heaping spoons of the mixture and roll them into round balls.
- Place the meatballs onto a serving plate that can fit inside a large deep pan with a lid. This step might have to be repeated twice if the plate cannot fit all the meatballs at once.
- Fill the pan halfway with water and put it over high heat. Use a large piece of foil that has been wrapped into a coil that will hold the plate above the water inside the pan.
- Once the water starts to steam, place the plate inside the pan and cover the lid. Let it steam for 8-10 minutes or until the meatballs have been cooked through.
- Serve with coriander leaves and scallions as garnish.