Keto Cauliflower Porridge
If you’re on keto, you know how hard it is to avoid rice, especially with family dinners. Now, join in the family feast with a comforting substitute –keto cauliflower “porridge”! It’s creamy, drizzled with fragrant sesame oil and we think, perfect for the family dinner table and your daily Keto diet.
- 4 cups of cauliflower/ 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1 L water
- First, cut or break up the cauliflower into individual florets
- Then, using a grater or blender, crumb up cauliflower
- In a clay pot, boil the bouillon and water with the cauliflower until the texture is soft and porridge-like.
- Add xanthan gum for a thicker texture. Mix until the consistency is thick.
- Plate the porridge and garnish with sesame oil and the thinly sliced ginger.
Use condiments to jazz up your porridge, like tau kee, century egg, peanuts, slices of lap cheong or Chinese sausage (watch your carbs for this one) and fresh herbs if you like.