Naan is a traditional Indian flatbread that is usually enjoyed together with a dal or curry. This is my low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly version of a naan, which pairs perfectly with my Chiroli Seed Dal. - by Janti Brasali, Seriously Keto
- 1 cup (120g) Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) Psyllium Husk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nigella Seeds
- 1 tbsp Hung Curd / Yoghurt
- 300-400mL Hot Water
- Minced Garlic (Optional)
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients along with the hung curd or yoghurt. Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, mix well.
- Add the water slowly. (If you are using yoghurt, use less water, keep an eye on the consistency.)
- Set it aside for 10-15 minutes with a damp cloth covering the bowl. This step is to allow the water to get absorbed by the psyllium husk and coconut flour.
- Divide the dough into six equal parts, then using a rolling pin and parchment paper, roll out each piece of dough to about 3mm thick.
- At this point, you may wish to add garlic. Mix some garlic and butter together, then spread them on each naan.
- Heat up a medium-sized saucepan with ghee or butter, then pan-fry both sides of the naan.
You can switch the coconut flour to almond flour, which would require reducing the amount of water.